The goal of the poster contest is to engage young people in thinking about cybersecurity through the creation of posters that will encourage peers to pursue a career in cybersecurity.
We believe that young people know best how their friends and classmates are using the Internet and can craft the messages and the images that will resonate with their peers.
The contest is designed to be fun and educational. Contest is open Oct 12, 2020 – Nov 12, 2020 by 7pm CST. Please email entries to email@example.com. Our guest judges from MasterCard will vote on the top posters and will help us announce the winners and prizes on Nov 13, 2020.
Entries may be used in national, regional, and state cybersecurity career awareness campaigns. We encourage teachers to use this contest as one way to help their students explore cybersecurity as a potential career pathway.
Entries will be eliminated if the requirement is not followed. Please read before you enter and make sure your poster has everything it needs.
- No entry fee to participate
- Only one entry per person
- Original work
- Size no more than 12” wide x 18” vertical
- Resolution is 300dpi in jpg format
- If you have a photograph as part of your poster, please confirm that either you took the photo or you have obtained legal rights to use the photo
- Design must be focus on cybersecurity career awareness
Guest judges and prizes brought to you by
Copyrighted, trademarked products, packaging, brand names, and advertisements may not be used within the poster. Original signed release forms are required for persons, whether public or private citizens, who are photographed and appear on the poster. Release forms can be as simple as a paragraph stating “permission” from “subjects” with a printed list of names of the individuals appearing and signed by the individuals. If the subject is under 18 the release form must be signed by a parent or guardian. This rule will be strictly enforced.
All entries will be reviewed by the judges to get down to the top entries. A final vote will be made by volunteers from MasterCard to pick the winning design.
The competition will be judged on the following criteria (40 points maximum):
- Marketability of poster to multiple audiences – 10 points.
- Creative and original artwork and idea – 10 points.
- Attractiveness in terms of design and neatness of layout – 10 points.
- Overall Impact, all graphics are related to the topic and make it easier to understand the poster theme – 10 points.
CyberUp reserves the right to alter the final poster design or to reject all submissions for the final poster design. All submissions become the property of CyberUp and may be used for commercial purposes. No entries will be returned.
November 12, 2020, 7 pm CST