Application requirements – Documents required as attachments to your application.
- Cover letter
- Cybersecurity certifications
CyberUp invites qualified candidates to apply for the Cybersecurity pre-apprenticeship instructor position. An instructor is responsible for developing and leading a class through soft skills, IT/business acumen, some CompTIA Net+, and CompTIA Sec+ 601. The Instructor will have the CompTIA Instructor curriculum and PowerPoint presentations to teach off of. We are also looking for Instructors who are interested in being the lead instructor’s aid and manning the class’s chatbox helping answer questions. Instructors are also responsible for teaching, service, and related administrative activities. This position may also include advising, program design, and student mentoring.
Essential Job Functions
- Focus on the talents, interests, and future of the student by communicating learning goals and how those goals are assessed, teaching course sessions in an organized way, providing time for reflection, discussion, and application of ideas or information, and making learning engaging and interesting.
- Develop adaptive thinking and problem-solving skills by using examples to explain difficult points, encourage students to question ideas or information in the subject, adjust instruction if students experience difficulties in learning, help students understand the language and processes of the subject, and help students to think through and solve problems, either by themselves or together as a group. Further lifelong learning by providing useful feedback on tests or completed assignments, using assessment results to provide extra help or extended learning opportunities.
- Establish a positive, productive, and respectful classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Hold all classes as scheduled and be punctual in starting and ending classes.
- Distribute the syllabus to each student enrolled in each course taught by the first-class meeting.
- Ensure students receive reasonable and timely assistance with course assignments/assessments.
- Administer an exam or other evaluative activity during the scheduled final exam time for every course.
- Providing an unwavering example of professionalism.
- Exhibit interpersonal effectiveness with and respect for students, colleagues, and administrators by acting as a team player and coordinating work behavior with colleagues.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Design, develop, and teach assigned entry-level courses and seminars.
- The job may require other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Documented history of instructing courses.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Must be actively engaged in the Cybersecurity field.
- Well versed in CompTIA Network+, and/or CompTIA Security+. (Heavy focus on Security+)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems independently.
- Ability to be organized and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Comfortable with online conferencing services.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office and/or classroom conditions.
- Stamina to teach the class as required.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended time periods.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
This job description intends to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CyberUp is an Equal Opportunity employer. CyberUp complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to education programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. CyberUp is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.
- Veteran cohort – (Dates are subject to change)
- March 16 – July 27, 2021 – CompTIA Sec+ 601
|Job Category||Cyber Security, Instructor|