Instructor, Cybersecurity Pre-apprenticeship
Application requirements – Documents required as attachments to your application.
• Cover letter
• Cybersecurity certifications
CyberUp invites qualified candidates to apply for the Cybersecurity pre-apprenticeship instructor position. An instructor is responsible for creating curriculum grounded in soft skills,
IT/business acumen, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+, and/or CompTIA Sec+. The Instructor will have the CompTIA Instructor curriculum and PowerPoint presentations to teach off of. We are also looking for Instructors who is interested in teaching just the CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+, or CompTIA Sec+ sections if teaching the whole cohort is not possible. Instructors are also responsible for teaching, service, and related administrative activities. This position may also include advising, program design, and student mentoring.
Essential Job Functions
• Focus on the talents, interests, and future of the student by communicating learning goals and how those goals are assessed, teaching course sessions in an organized way, providing time for reflection, discussion, and application of ideas or information and by making learning engaging and interesting.
• Develop adaptive thinking and problem-solving skills by using examples to explain difficult points, encourage students to question ideas or information in the subject, adjust instruction if students experience difficulties in learning, help students understand the language and processes of the subject, and help students to think through and solve problems, either by themselves or together as a group. Further lifelong learning by providing useful feedback on tests or completed assignments, using assessment results to provide extra help or extended learning opportunities.
• Establish a positive, productive, and respectful classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
• Hold all classes as scheduled and be punctual in starting and ending classes.
• Distribute the syllabus to each student enrolled in each course taught by the first-class meeting.
• Ensure students receive reasonable and timely assistance with course assignments/assessments.
• Administer an exam or other evaluative activity during the scheduled final exam time for every course.
• Providing an unwavering example of professionalism.
• Exhibit interpersonal effectiveness with and respect for students, colleagues, and administrators by acting as a team player and coordinating work behavior with colleagues.
Subject Matter Expertise
• Design, develop, and teach assigned entry-level courses and seminars.
• Job may require other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
• Documented history of instructing courses.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
• Must be actively engaged in Cybersecurity field.
• Well versed in CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, and/or CompTIA Security+.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think critically and solve problems independently.
• Ability to be organized and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Comfortable with online conferencing services.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
• General office and/or classroom conditions.
• Stamina to teach class as required.
• Ability to stand or sit for extended time periods.
• Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer CyberUp is an Equal Opportunity employer. CyberUp complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to education programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. CyberUp is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.
• Veteran cohort – (Dates are subject to change)
o May 19th – June 16th – CompTIA A+
o June 23rd – Aug 11th – CompTIA Net+
o Aug 18th – Oct 27th – CompTIA Sec+
• General cohort –
o June 4th – July 23rd – CompTIA Net+
o Aug 6th – Oct 1st – CompTIA Sec+
o Sept 2nd – Oct 21st – CompTIA Net+
o Nov 3rd – Dec 29th – CompTIA Sec+
|Job Category||Cyber Security, Instructor|