Registered Apprenticeship training is distinguished from other types of workplace training by several factors: (1) participants who are newly hired (or already employed) earn wages from employers during training; (2) programs must meet national standards for registration with the U.S. Department of Labor (or federally-recognized State Apprenticeship Agencies; (3) programs provide on-the-job learning and job-related technical instruction; (4) on-the-job learning is conducted in the work setting under the direction of one or more of the employer’s personnel; and 5) training results in an industry-recognized credential.
Most Commented Posts
- Midwest Cyber Center – Expanding Opportunity While Securing Our Country By Amber Lowry on October 30, 2018 2
- Opening Up a Pathway for True Entry Level Talent By Amber Lowry on February 7, 2019 2
- “There are only two types of companies: those that have been hacked, and those that will be.” By Amber Lowry on March 7, 2018 2
- Robin Boyce on Candidate Engagement Manager Thank you! Look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Tiffany shar'i Bryant on Apprenticeship program aims to fill cybersecurity jobs I am interested in the apprenticeship program. I have about…
- Amber Lowry on Opening Up a Pathway for True Entry Level Talent Thanks for the comment. Our pre-apprenticeship program is an 8…
Most Liked Posts
- Cool jobs in St. Louis – Jasmine Owens, cyber security By Amber Lowry on July 24, 2018 4
- LMI Infuses Cyber Technology and Research Lab with $50,000 to Support Security Initiatives By Amber Lowry on July 14, 2017 2
- A Seat at the Table By Mike Bryan on July 1, 2020 2
apprenticeship BeCyberSmart capture the flag comptia cyber Cyber apprenticeship cyber aware CyberPatriot cyber security cybersecurity Cybersecurity analyst registered apprenticeship Cybersecurity awareness CyberUp hacking high school If you connect it Information Sharing IoT IT Fundamentals LMI Masterclock MC² middle school Midwest Cyber Center National Cybersecurity Awareness Month NCSAM NIST Framework October 2020 pre-apprenticeship protect it Registered Apprenticeship Scott AFB Scott Air Force Base security Soft skills St. Louis STEAM STEM T-REX training wecyberup workforce development workplace readiness skills youth youth competition